I had such enjoyment making polymer clay necklace that I would like to share it with you.
Check out my shop where you can buy my tutorials here. See one of example of you can make:
All materials and tools needed for this project can be found at Amazon and the links are listed below:
Step by Step:
Polymer Clay Necklace Instructions:
- Choose the Fimo colour you want. In this case, black and white. You can use more colours if you like.
- Using a pasta machine to stretch your clay and keep the thickness even. I set my pasta machine to setting 2. You can also use a roller if you do not have a pasta machine.
- With the bottom of your extruder, cut small circles (the size will fit into the extruder)
- Stack the circles on top of each other to make a tower.
- Insert the tower into the extruder
- Turn the handle to begin extruding. It might be a little hard at the beginning.
- Now you can see the magic, enjoy the result!
- Cut extruded tubes to the same length and add them togetherto create a block. Look at the patterns created and make it interesting.
- You can cover the block if you want. Remember there is no rules when you deal with your imagination, I am just showing the technique I used in this project.
- To make beads, just roll a piece of clay and cover the bed with the slices of the block you just made
- Time to bake. I use a small baking tray and cover it with foil or coking paper. To bake the beads I use a cocktail stick. I made an base to hold the beads, while baking, with cardboard -toilet roll. See picture above.
- I am not going to say how long you should keep your in the oven because it differs, depends on the type of oven you have. So, don’t be discouraged, I have burnt some pieces at the beginning… You need to test and try your oven but it should be very low temperature. I bake for around 10-15 min.
- When I take it out I put it in a small bowl of cold water, it seems to harden it very quickly when I do that.
- If you want a shine finishing use Sculpey glaze glossy
See another option, including a bracelet and ring.
For this polymer clay necklace, the process is the same as the black and white, see below details: