How to make soap at home without using lye is simpler than you thought. In fact is simpler than making soap with lye.
So what is lye?
Lye is a solid and strong alkaline corrosive powder. There are two types know as Sodium hydroxide (NaOH) that can also be called as caustic soda and Potassium Hydroxide (KOH). People use them in granules or flakes in soap recipes.
Lye is very alkaline with a very high pH, so it is acid and if you do not know how to use it properly when manipulating it, if it touches your skin it can give you a chemical burn.
However when a soap is properly made lye is not present in the finished product. This is called saponification, a process where the ingredients are transformed in soap. So many people are afraid of using soap that contains lye. Well, if it calls “soap”, it contains lye. The problem is when it is not properly made or the ratio between the ingredients are incorrect which causes the finished product with leftover lye.
Sometimes when you buy products they do not describe the ingredient as lye but instead as “sodium chloride”, “sodium hydroxypropyl” and it can be the same thing…
So, the decision is yours.
How to Make Soap at Home Without using Lye
When using lye to make soap, you need to make sure you are using a quality product, use protective equipment and the right quantity for each recipe.
One option to avoid using lye and learn how to make soap without lye is to use melt and pour soap base.
With this method you buy uncolored blocks of fragrance-free soap and melt it. When it is completely melted, you can color and add your fragrance. Choose a mold and when it hardens it is ready to use.. So, no secrets!
Click the picture below to buy this amazing start kit called Mystic Moments that includes everything you need to make your own soap using the Melt & Pour Soap technique.
How to Make Soap at Home and Sell it!
Make soap and beauty products at home at the comfort of your home has never been so easy. Adding something new to your craft journey can be very enjoyable. So, if you are looking to start a new business or just want to learn something new, making beauty products is a great choice!
You might want just to try and make some bars of soap but I am sure that once you start you are not going to stop!
It is very important to master your skills and know how to pack your products professionally because you can create your own brand. Making homemade soap, bath salts or body butter and create diy bath bombs, bubble bath can be very lucrative.
Who does not like a lovely body butter?
Learn how to make body scrub and how to use as foot scrub dyi are just some ideas to start.
Creative Ways to Make Money Online
What more enjoyable it could be? Learn how to make Sugar Scrub and other “delicatesse”that makes our bodies soft as a baby skin.
Nothing is free, and if it is free you might be suspicious of the source. If you are thinking on selling your products, avoiding complaints should be in your mind.
If you are tired of working 9-5, making beauty products at home to sell can be an ideal choice.
What about getting all information from what the basic ingredients to make a soap and other gorgeous products including all aspects of start a business and selling your products in one place?
An easy and enjoyable lucrative business at the comfort of your house? What else could be more perfect?
The secret is to start right, with the correct information from beginning to end.
Within the pages of The Handcrafter’s Companion, you’ll discover a wide assortment of spa product recipes, as well as additional resources including our handy conversion calculators, packaging templates, a “cheat sheet” of commonly-used potpourri botanicals and marketing ideas.
Make Spa and Beauty Products at Home – Easy Recipes
- Handcrafted Soap Making – how to make soap from classic recipes to deliciously different versions that you, your family and friends will adore!
- Bath Teas, Additives & Soaks – sink into a hot, fragrant bath and soak away all your cares with these original ‘secret’ recipes.
- Spa Treatments – professional-quality treatments that you create yourself for pennies on the dollar.
- Bubble Baths & Bath Bombs – if bubbles are your thing, you’ll adore these new variations.
- Butters, Balms, Lotions & Creams – Body butter recipes to add deep moisture to your skin and luxury to your life!
- Scrubs, Polishes, Salts & Masques – how to make bath salts and still more variations to add variety and build your line (and make your skin glow!)
- Home Fragrance Products – beautiful fragrance ideas you can adapt to suit your tastes and mood.
- Potpourri and Sachets – including a comprehensive ingredient list that you can simply “mix and match” to create a virtually unlimited number of flavors.
- Aromatherapy Blends – soothing… relaxing… invigorating… revitalizing… you decide – with your own range of professional aromatherapy blends.
Take the lead to your life and join this pleasant scent craft journey!
Read about How to improve your health with foot massage here.